10 Easy tips to Avoid weight gain on this Holiday Weekend
- Eat normal breakfast with good amount of protein. If you go to a gathering hungry—you are more likely to over-eat
- Eat more protein—it should help make you feel more full. Avoid empty carbs that will keep you munching like chips.
- Eat veggies and fiber—hit the veggie tray and fill up on that. Stick to dips like hummus and guacamole that are not empty calories. Combining these dips with veggies should make you feel fuller.
- Avoid the sweets. The brownies/pies and cookies are some of the worst offenders. Filling up on chicken and veggies ahead of time should help diminish your cravings for sweets.
- Drink lots of water to fill you up. Flavored mineral water can help break things up if you crave carbonation and a little flavor.
- Wait for the 2nd round of food. Try and wait 20 minutes after finishing your 1st plate. It takes about that long for your brain to process that you are full.
- Use a small plate. Grab a kiddie plate or smaller plate—it will help you load less on it.
- Avoid the booze. Alcohol and mixed drinks pack a lot of calories in a small serving. Alcohol does not make you feel full. If you want to have a glass—make sure you eat and drink water first and that you are not thirsty.
- Try and be more social and get involved in activities. It will help keep the focus off of food and eating.
- Get in some exercise. Don’t avoid workouts over the weekend. Even a brisk walk or simple at home routine will help. Something is better than nothing.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.